Havana Horse Center
At Havana Horses, natural riding school in Salatiga, the well-being of horses always comes first. Our ponies and horses are kept, fed and trained the natural way. They live outside in spacious paddocks, can munch continuously on various grasses, and go barefoot. That is why our surefooted and robust horses are well-mannered and kind. Moreover, they are patient teachers!
Havana Horses offers lessons in natural horsemanship, including groundwork, freestyle training and natural riding. We handle, train and ride our horses without the use of force, that is, without whip, spurs or bit.
Horse trainers and instructors Havedz Nugroho and Anna van Rheeden have extensive experience in training horses & people using natural horsemanship methods.
Are you an absolute beginner and a bit anxious around horses? Havana Horses offers you the quietness and the time to introduce you to these magnificent, big and powerful animals.
All lessons that start with haltering and leading your horse out of its field, groundwork and grooming. By this routine of bonding you and the horse get the chance to get to know each other and feel comfortable around each other, before tacking up and mounting.
Advanced riders can experience the lightness of a horse in self carriage by natural collection. And do join us for an exciting trail ride out to the race track and canter up hill through the green scenery surrounding us!
Are you considering buying your own horse? At Havana Horses you can learn everything that is involved with horse care, hoof care, how to communicate with the horse, and riding, before you take up the big responsibility of becoming a horse owner yourself.
- Lessons for 8 to 80 year olds; private and in groups of maximum 4 riders.
- Trail rides out in the beautiful environment of our authentic village. You have to take lessons before you can join a trail ride as you need a secure seat and good leadership qualities.
- Horse holidays: come over for a long weekend or book a tourist package of 1 or 2 weeks for you and your family!
- Intensive courses of 1, 2, 3 and 7 days in natural horsemanship and natural horse care.
- A 3-Days Course Natural Hoof Care after which you are confident, knowledgeable and practiced enough to trim the hoofs of your own horse.
- Pony Camps for 8-10 year olds and for 10-15 year olds.
- Fieldtrips for schools and companies.
- Leadership Training for groups: companies and clubs are welcome!
- Boarding of your horse. Let your horse be horse again by fulfilling its basic needs: space, non-stop grass & herd life.
- Training of your horse: we can train your horse to become willing, alert and light, engaging the hind quarters. Do you have difficulties with your horse? Your horse doesn’t listen, doesn’t respect you; your horse runs away or resists when you ride, or even bites or kicks? We have the solution for you!
Contact us via email@example.com or Facebook.
Havedz: 081 575 135 911
Anna: 081 542 355 473